City Business Church

It is not by grace that one enters the kingdom of heaven, but by tithing. - Damazio 3:16

Name:
Location: Washington DC, United States

Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Burnside Writers

I recently received a nice email from Jordan Green a writer for The Burnside Writer's Collective. From what I gather, this is a group of Christian writers, who each contribute articles to the website. In perusing their site, two things stood out as most impressive. First, Don Miller's College Bowl picks. He went 7-1, picking Oklahoma over Oregon and Texas over USC. If this writing thing doesn't work out for him, he should move to Vegas and invest his savings in choosing College Bowl winners. (Honestly Jordan, who is Don picking for the Superbowl? Also ask him if I can sneak a peak at his March Madness Bracket. I want a new Ipod, and with Don's inside knowledge, a win is guaranteed.) A second thing that impressed me was Jordan's top 10 albums of 2005, which included Clap Your Hands Say Yeah and Illinois. Sufjan Steven's Illinois was the Album of the Year and his song Chicago was the Song of the Year, in my opinion. I would also like to add that Donald Miller's new book about to be released is To Own a Dragon. Go out and buy the book, if for no other reason than it would be nice to see a Christian author sell more books then Tim LaHaye and Jerry B. Jenkins. (Side note: I grew up reading the Dallas O'Neil and Baker Street Sports Club series by Jerry B. Jenkins. I loved them. He just went a little crazy with this whole apocalypse thing.) Lastly, this blog is blowing up with comments, and I just want to thank everyone who reads the posts and shares their thoughts. Your comments are what make tbis blog interesting, thank you.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I comment, therefore I am....


...drunk?

1/24/2006 07:02:00 PM  
Blogger lamthekiller said...

He mentioned Sigur Ros.. that rocks. They should have made the top ten list though.

1/24/2006 07:58:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey, thanks for mentioning our site! Sorry about Sigur Ros...it was definitely a good album, and would've clocked in at 12 or so.

1/24/2006 08:09:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

boring

1/25/2006 01:34:00 AM  
Blogger catalyst said...

I've tried listening to Sigur Ros, and I just can't get into it. Too slow. Though people seem to love it.

1/25/2006 05:17:00 AM  
Blogger lamthekiller said...

Haha, 12.. ok. That's all right I guess. :]


and you should listen to Sigur Ros again. Try some faster songs like Hoppipolla or Flugufrelsarinn.

Those songs are great.

1/25/2006 05:11:00 PM  
Anonymous reports said...

I would like to jump in here and bring to everyones attention that the information on this blog should also be shared with the readers of http://www.articlebeat.com Our sites readers and authors would benefit from the information being discussed here and would help get the word out faster, to everyone interested. With plenty of reports on our site, the bloggers here would benefit from our site and our site users would benefit from the bloggers.

Come share, exchange and debate with us at http://www.articlebeat.com today.

5/08/2006 08:29:00 AM  
Blogger Jeff said...

i have gone through your site information and it is the sae oppertunity that i was looking for thr facilities,
the process that what you are offering , are perfectely matched to my expection, very soon you will get
responce from my side


earn online

6/11/2010 02:10:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home